Mid-Weight Graphic Designer04/11/2020
A unique opportunity to join a new type of agency, one that mixes the best in graphic and motion design with technologists.
The role will mean that you will be designing digital assets for some of the biggest sports and media brands in the world. You will be joining a relatively new but fast-growing team, which means you’ll be in at the beginning and have the chance to benefit from the opportunities that come with it.
Expect to be kept on your toes as the role will be varied. We love great ideas and making the ordinary extraordinary. You will love to research and break down the digital experience and really think about how people view your designs. You will be working in a tight-knit creative team who report directly to the Managing Director who really knows their stuff having specialised in digital and brand advertising for over 20 years, working with big names such as Unilever, Heineken, Nestlé and many more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- You’ll be fascinated with all things digital but equally you’ll also be a graphic designer with a love for blending imagery with typography
- Great at coming up with ideas that are well thought through and researched
- Conceptualise and design beautiful but highly effective designs under time pressure
- Maintain a highly detailed focused approach across projects
- Design social marketing assets for campaigns
- Stay abreast of web design best practice
- Adept at working under pressure in a very fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You’re a fabulous team player, but equally great at demonstrating initiative and autonomy as required
- Have a passion for all things digital
- Self-critical and confident enough to try out new ideas and cast most of them aside in order to find a gem
- A relentless curiosity to solve complex problems
- Someone with a minimum of 4-5 years’ agency experience
- Highly proficient in Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop – some motion is a bonus but not essential
- Intelligent with a strong learning background including a degree in Graphic Design
- Experienced with designing for digital (but you won’t be counted out if not)
- An understanding of website UX/UI best practice and responsive design is a bonus but not essential – or if you want to be more involved in this area that’s good too.
- Portfolio packed with strong and modern conceptual ideas
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to connect and influence people
- And most importantly, someone nice to have around that will roll up their sleeves with a real can-do attitude and a willingness to get on with the job and make great things happen.
- Competitive salary, £25-£35 depending on experience, annual bonus business dependent.
- Fun, friendly work environment
- Team outings, field trips, and social functions
- The direct impact and ability to shape a growing agency
- Chance to work with the biggest brands in world sport
- Monthly team lunch
If you are interested and think you fit the bill please email a cover letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org